The Essentials of making homemade baby food is simple, nourishing and fun. Allowing your baby to eat home-cooked food provides your child with more flavor, variety and nutrients. Here is the great news- all you really need is a fork. Honestly, a fork can get the job done and you do not have to buy expensive baby food blenders as some manufacturers will have you believe. By the time your baby is old enough to start solids (6 months of age), he is old enough to eat the same food as the family. Technically, you can just mash your dinner up with a fork and thin with breast milk or formula, if needed.
Busy Mom? Here are Simple Approaches & Techniques for Homemade Baby Food
Now, let’s get real here. Life happens and parents work. I do not want you to feel overwhelmed or even worse, guilty; if you cannot make all of the food you feed your little one. To save your time and energy, follow the recipes below using the Fast Tips for Busy Moms or by substituting commercial baby food in the recipes where you feel fit. The good news is you can still teach taste by adding cinnamon, ginger, rosemary or any other flavor to commercial baby foods using the Baby Food Herb & Spice Chart.
Don’t forget about the nature’s ready-made baby foods- banana, avocado and your baked sweet potato. At minimum, you can mash up a banana, avocado or baked sweet potato without any effort. Of course, the types of foods served to the infant should be determined by the existing feeding skills of the child.
Baby Food Equipment
• Blender or manual food processor (fork, food mill)
• Sauce pan (prefer stainless steel)
• Chopping knife
• Cutting board
• Glass covered containers
• Vegetable brush
• Freezer storage tray with 1 Tbsp. compartments (glass deviled egg container, silicon ice cube tray, mini-silicon cup cake pans) with covers, if possible.
• Freezer safe storage container
• Boil water
• Bake and roast vegetables
• Steam vegetables and fruit
• Push a button on a blender
• Use a fork to mash
• Understand food safety
Benefits of Making Baby Food
• You know the food source (fresh, organic, local, frozen, etc)
• You know what was added to the food (preservatives, food colorings, etc)
• Control over allergen content (gluten)
• It tastes better
• It looks and smells better
• It is fun
• More economical
Basic Bulk Recipes
Batch cooking fruit and vegetable purees is a great way to be organized and have a variety of fresh food available at any given moment. However, feel free to mix and match purees making your own creation. Bulk recipes can be made ahead of time and kept frozen in the freezer for future use, saving you time, energy and money. You will be able to grab a cube, defrost and serve.
The Basic Bulk Recipe
- In a saucepan, steam desired about of vegetable or fruit.
- Cool and drain steamed produce, reserving cooking liquid.
- Add to a blender and blend. Add cooking liquid back into the blender until a desired consistency.
- Favorite steamed bulked purees: apples, pears, apricots, peaches, carrots, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, butternut squash, and much more.
**Nature’s natural soft baby food: banana and avocado!
Freezing & Storing
1. Prepare the bulk purees.
2. Let puree cool to room temperature.
3. Don’t worry if your puree seems too thick. You will have an opportunity to thin it before your serve it.
4. Pour puree into clean freezing trays (glass deviled glass container) with covers. If your tray does not have a cover, use wax paper followed by plastic wrap. Do not over fill the tray as it may expand when frozen.
5. Freeze puree for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen.
6. Remove purees from trays and place in a freezer safe container with lid.
7. Label container with name of food and current date.
8. Return to freezer and use within 6 months.
Preparing & Serving
1. Remove as many cubes needed for an infant feeding.
2. Defrost in the refrigerator covered or melt in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Meat, pork and chicken should reach a temperature of 165 F.
4. Prepare puree with a recipe, serve solo or create your own fun creation by mixing and matching with other bulk purees using the Baby Herb and Spice Guide on page )
Medicaments are dear, and few patients cannot order the medicaments they need. Choosing the perfect treatment version for a racy disease can get really confusing considering the merits and demerits of the available treatment methodologies. For instance Lasix is a loop water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt. No doubts, take Lasix only as set by your health care professional. Levitra is an ideal drug for helping men to sustain an erection. If you’re concerned about erectile soundness problem, you perhaps know about levitra 20 mg and levitra 10mg. Our article focuses on the symptoms of erectile dysfunction and you. More info about DRUG available at levitra 10 mg. Erectile dysfunction, defined as the persistent failure to maintain a satisfactory erection, act an estimated 15 to 30 millions men in the America alone. Why it happen? How common is erectile dysfunction? Unfortunately nearly all over-the-counter remedies have some kind of dangerous side effects, from headache to death. Commonly medications can cause side effects. If you experiment some dangerous effects which you think may be due to this drug, speak with your physician.